This Wednesday I have the pleasure of attending the YWCA Salute to Career Women of Achievement as one of the guests at the Media/Blogger table.
This annual event (which has grown to be the largest sit-down dinner of its kind!) started in 1980 “as a way to increase community awareness and appreciation of the diverse contributions of women in the work force and in the community. Over time the luncheon has evolved into the YWCA’s largest fundraising event with all proceeds directly benefiting YWCA programs, supporting its mission to eliminate racism and empower women.”
Being a female entrepreneur myself, having started Scooter Media a little over a year ago, I am particularly excited to have been asked to be involved with this event. I believe that we all need to support each other in our efforts to achieve our dreams, and the YWCA’s event, is a great example of that.
I hope to see you all there!
- Kathleen S. Barclay – Senior Vice President, Human Resources, The Kroger Co.
- Tamara Harkavy – CEO & Artistic Director, ArtWorks
- Saba Atiq Chughtai, MD – Physician Owner & President, Saba Chughtai MD & Associates
- Mary Miller – CEO, JANCOA Janitorial Services, Inc.
- Alandes Eure-Powell – Operations Director & Senior Vice President, Citi
- Deborah Platt Majoras – Chief Legal Officer & Secretary, Procter & Gamble
- Heidi B. Jark – Managing Director & Vice President, The Foundation Office, Fifth Third Bank
- Crystal Kendrick – President, The Voice of Your Customer
PS. A special congratulations goes out to Crystal Kendrick. I have had the pleasure of working with Crystal in the past and she’s a talented, smart, savvy business woman. So thrilled to see her recognized here.