22 January 2010 ~ 12 Comments

Technology Tip: Adding a Print Button to Blog Posts

PrintFriendlyEver wondered how you could make it so that readers could print your blog posts without them looking like a mess?  Me too. So last night while I was participating in the SavvyBlogger Twitter Party I asked that very same question ……and I found the answer.

If your blog is hosted on WordPress, simply click “Add New” under Plugins on your dashboard. Next search for PrintFriendly, all one word. It should be your first result. From there follow the install instructions. Once installed and activated PrintFriendly should appear under settings in your dashboard. Click the link to customize your PrintFriendly button.

For those of you using Blogger, just visit http://www.printfriendly.com/button to get the code.

A big shout out to Rachel at A Southern Fairytale and to the folks at PrintFriendly for reaching out and helping me discover the PrintFriendly plugin.

Print Friendly
If you enjoyed this post, make sure you subscribe to my RSS feed!

Related posts:

1. Tutorial: Creating Your Own Blog Button w/ Code Box
  2. Tech Notes: Adding a Category Link to your Menu Bar
  3. Technology Tip: Blog Analytics Tools
  4. I Am Jealous.. of my Husband’s Blog

12 Responses to “Technology Tip: Adding a Print Button to Blog Posts”

1. [email protected] 22 January 2010 at 9:18 pm Permalink

This was SO helpful! I installed within minutes and it’s working!
    Thanks so much!
    ~Liz
    .-= [email protected]´s last blog ..Friday Favorites ~ Valentine Goodies =-.

2. Shannanb aka Mommy Bits 23 January 2010 at 12:28 pm Permalink

So glad it worked for you! I couldn’t believe how easy it was.
    .-= Shannanb aka Mommy Bits´s last blog ..Technology Tip: Adding a Print Button to Blog Posts =-.

3. Cara @ Health Home and Happiness 24 January 2010 at 11:52 am Permalink

I love it! Thank you so much for doing this post, it WAS easy :)

4. Nathan Rodriguez 2 February 2010 at 9:13 pm Permalink

Hmm, very good plugin, can save some time when article printing is needed.
    .-= Nathan Rodriguez´s last blog ..Seguro de Transporte =-.

5. Sara @ HappyBrownHouse 7 March 2010 at 3:08 pm Permalink

Thank you! Stumbled here somehow from Twitter #Savvyblogging.

6. Andi @udandi 28 March 2010 at 9:25 am Permalink

I did this and love it for recipe posts-thanks!
    .-= Andi @udandi´s last blog ..Closet Mirror =-.

7. Rachel ~ Southern Fairytale 17 May 2010 at 8:43 pm Permalink

I love, love, love Print Friendly! I’m so glad to help you discover it!!! Thank you for the shout out, Mamacita! Miss you
    xoxoxo

8. Blaine Binding 6 August 2010 at 2:24 am Permalink

I love it :)
    Thank you for the info you have provided.

9. Nanette Carey 9 August 2010 at 2:40 pm Permalink

I could come thru the computer and kiss you! Thanks so much…everything else I had found on this subject was too complicated. This is user friendly and thanks again. N
    cucinananette.blogspot.com
    .-= Nanette Carey´s last blog ..Pansit Canton – Filipino Recipe =-.

10. tommyded 20 October 2010 at 10:46 pm Permalink

Some of these comments people are saying here on this issue really seem to make me look at this in a whole new way. I do enjoy the responses though.